In these rules:
• “occupier” means anyone who occupies a park home, under an Agreement to which the Mobile Homes Act 1983 applies.
• “you” and “your” refers to the homeowner or other occupier of a park home.
• “we” and “our” refers to the park owner.
These rules are in place to ensure acceptable standards are maintained on the park, which will be of general benefit to occupiers, and to promote and maintain community cohesion. They form part of the Agreement by which homeowners occupy the pitch in accordance with the Mobile Homes Act 1983, as amended.
None of these rules is to have retrospective effect. Accordingly:
• They are to apply only from the date on which they take effect, which is 9th January 2015.
• No occupier who is in occupation on that date will be treated as being in breach due to circumstances which were in existence before that date.
Condition of Pitch
1. For reasons of ventilation and safety, the underneath of each home is to be kept clear and not used as storage space.
2. You must not erect fences or other means of enclosure unless they are new, no more than 2 metres in height and you have obtained our prior approval in writing (which will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed).
3. External fires, including incinerators, are not allowed.
4. No inflammable substances may be kept on the park except in quantities reasonable for domestic use.
5. No explosive substances may be kept on the park.
6. You must not have more than one storage shed on the pitch. . The design, size and standard of the shed must be approved by us, in writing (which will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed) and positioned so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements.
7. You must not have more than one greenhouse on the pitch. The design, size and standard of the greenhouse must be approved by us in writing (which will not be withheld or delayed unreasonably). You must position the greenhouse so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements.
8. Any structure erected in the separation space between park homes must be of non-combustible construction.
9. You are responsible for the disposal of all household, recyclable and garden waste in approved containers through the local authority service. You must not overfill containers and you must place them in the approved position for the local authority collections.
10. You must not deposit any refuse or unroadworthy vehicles on any part of the park.
11. Occupiers must not use the mobile home, the pitch or any part of the park for any business purpose and you must not use the park home or pitch for the storage of stock, plant, machinery or equipment used or last used for any business purpose. However, you may carry out office work as long as it does not affect other occupiers and you do not have staff, other workers, customers or members of the public calling at the park home or the park.
12. No persons under the age of fifty five years may reside in a park home.
13. Musical instruments, MP3 players, CD Players, radios, other appliances and motor vehicles must not be used to cause nuisance to others, especially between the hours of 10.30pm and 8am.
14. You must not keep any pets or animals except the following:
a. Not more than one dog (other than any of the breeds subject to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 which are not permitted at all). Any dog must be kept under proper control and must not be permitted to frighten other users of the park. You must keep any dog on a leash not exceeding 1m in length and must not allow it to despoil the park.
b. Not more than two domestic cats.
c. Not more than two budgerigars.
15. Nothing in rule 14 of these Park Rules prevents you from keeping an assistance dog if this is required to support your disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued you with an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence.
16. All external water pipes must be lagged by occupiers against potential frost damage.
17. Access is not permitted to vacant pitches. Building materials, equipment and/or plant must be left undisturbed.
Vehicles and parking
18. All vehicles must be driven carefully on the park and not exceed the displayed speed limit.
19. You must not park more than two vehicles on the park.
20. Parking is not permitted on roads or grass verges.
21. Parking is only permitted in authorised parking spaces.
22. You must ensure that any visitor’s vehicles park in the designated car parks.
23. As required by law (Road Traffic Acts and any replacement legislation):
a.) All vehicles used on roads on the park must be taxed and insured and be in roadworthy condition.
b.) All drivers must hold a current driving licence for the category of vehicle driven on the park.
24. Disused/unroadworthy vehicles must be removed from the park and the park owner reserves the right to remove any vehicle, which is apparently abandoned.
25. You must not carry out works and repairs on the park which involve the discharging of motor oils and other fuels into the drains, onto the roads or the car park.
26. Other than for the delivering of goods and services you must not park or allow parking of commercial vehicles with a gross vehicle weight exceeding 1.5 tonnes.
27. All park homes must be equipped with a fire extinguisher/blanket which conforms to the relevant British standard.
28. Guns, firearms or offensive weapons of any description must not be used on the park and must only be kept with a licence from the appropriate authority.
29. Where drying washing on the pitch you must only use a rotary type washing line.
30. You must not allow children to play ball games, ride bicycles (other than for arriving or departing the park), use skateboards, scooters etc or engage in other similar activities, which would cause nuisance or be of annoyance to residents.
31. The homeowner must insure the home particularly in respect of public liability.
32. No external alterations or additions to the pitch is permitted without our prior written approval (which will not be unreasonably withheld).
33. You must ensure that any trades people or contractors instructed by you to carry out work on the park home or pitch has public liability insurance and complies with all statutory health and safety procedures at all times.
34. You must ensure that any gas, electrical and water trades people instructed by you have all relevant current certificates of competence to carry out any work.
35. Other than for loading or cleaning purposes you must not park or allow parking of caravans on the park for a period longer than 24 hours.